A friend and I were chatting about my time in Cleveland so far (btw it’s hard to believe I’m coming up on a 1.5 years) and she said “Katie , you are probably the most Clevelander person I know not from Cleveland.” At first, I wasn’t sure I agreed…but then I thought about it and quickly changed my mind.
~~A quick insight…I moved here in September 2016 knowing not a soul or anything about the city. I figured I would spend about a year here before moving to another (warmer, larger, more ‘hip’) location. I was thinking of my time in Cleveland as a stepping stone.~~
Well…here I am 1.5 years later…and absolutely loving everything the city has to offer. Granted the 10 degree winter days can be rough to get through, but that just means when the weather gets better there is no excuse stay inside.
Here are some of my fav spots from around the city that make me feel like an actual ‘clevelander’
- Rising Star Coffee-multiple locations but my personal fav is in Hingetown. First let me say their nut milk selection is pure perfection. It’s a great spot to get some reading done or book a trip. They also serve the drinks on an adorable little wooden tray with a glass of sparking water on the side. My pick? An almond milk latte.
- Luxe-located in Gordon Square. Luxe is great year round, but in the summer they have an amazing patio, which makes for the perfect happy hour spot. They have reasonably priced bottles, food, and snacks. My pick? The short rib gnocchi-basically to die for. And while you’re there you might as well get a thin crust pizza for an appetizer. And while you are in the area I recommend you check out Fount (great leather products that can be personalized) and Brewnuts (for beer and donuts-of course).
- The Spotted Owl-located in Tremont. A great hidden little spot with craft cocktails perfect for a before/after dinner drink. A great perk about this spot is that if you don’t see something on the menu that you are crazy about you can tell your server what you like and they will craft something for you. And the best part? You will feel like you are in Hogwarts the whole time.
- Platform Brewery-located in Ohio City. Who doesn’t love a great local brewery, especially when the beer is great?! Platform has a great patio, which makes it great for the warmer months.
- Cleveland Bagel-located on the Detroit Shoreway. I cannot say enough AMAZING things about Cleveland Bagel. Everything about Cleveland Bagel makes my mouth water-especially since they just added sandwiches to their menu. If I could have a salt bagel with schmear everyday I would.
- Grumpy’s Cafe-located in Tremont. One of my favorite things about Grumpy’s is that none of their coffee mugs match-such a fun feature! Great diner food, great prices, hands down a great place. My pick? French Toast (on homemade wheat bread) with a side of seasoned potatoes. YUM.
- Mason’s Creamery-located in Ohio City. Delicious, Creamy, Homemade waffle cones. Enough said. And perfect to ride your bike to. Oh-and there is adorable art all of the outside of the building. Giant Picture of an ice cream cone anyone?
Now go check them out! xxx